Thursday, November 24, 2022

Three Weeks in Alor

Yup.  I'm headed diving for three weeks.  I am super excited.

I'm headed to Alami Alor.

https://www.alamialor.com/

I've been there before and here is what I wrote about it:

I really do think I want to come back here someday.  This is the best time of year for nudibranchs: October – December.  They close this place up mid-December through mid-March since the weather doesn’t cooperate.  So coming during Thanksgiving would be a good idea.

I found this only after I started planning this trip.  How great is this?

I am sitting in the Narita Airport in Tokyo right now.  I have two flights down and three to go.  Here is my route:

Thursday 11/24/2022

6:55am United Flight 2678 Chicago (ORD) to San Francisco (SFO) departs

9:49am United Flight 2678 Chicago (ORD) to San Francisco (SFO) arrives

10:35am         United Flight 837 San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (NRT) departs

Friday 11/25/2022

3:00pm         United Flight 837 San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (NRT) arrives

5:45pm         United Flight NH835 Tokyo (NRT) to Jakarta (CGK) departs

11:55pm         United Flight NH835 Tokyo (NRT) to Jakarta (CGK) arrives

Saturday 11/26/2022

2:00am Batik Air Flight ID 6540 from Jakarta (CGK) to Kupang (KOE) leaves

6:00am Batik Air Flight ID 6540 from Jakarta (CGK) to Kupang (KOE) arrives

8:15am Wings Air Flight IW 1943 from Kupang (KOE) to Alor (ARD) leaves

9:10am Wings Air Flight IW 1943 from Kupang (KOE) to Alor (ARD) arrives

I know it seems insane but I would much rather fly straight through than stop, get luggage, get to a hotel and overnight somewhere.  I want to just get there and then unpack.

I have a guy meeting me in Jakarta who will help me get through immigration and then I have a prepaid ride.  The only challenge is that they don't help me check into the Domestic Flights.  I'm sure I can manage but by then I may be pretty frazzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment