Sunday, November 27, 2022

Flop to Flip

I got up around 3am and walked over to the source of coffee.  It is so weird here, you walk through the jungle and it sounds like footsteps everywhere.  It isn’t anything but it really sounds like it.  Crazy.

Somewhere in the 3am hour, the singing from the Mosque starts.  Speaking of Mosques, our third dive yesterday was called “Mucky Mosque”.

My ears feel great this morning.  I am so glad they are not giving me problems.

The local girls who work at the resort watched me braid my hair this morning.  Then suddenly they all had braids in too!  They are fast learners.

A huge tree fell down.  Right between Cheryl and my cabanas.  Whoa.  Also, while I was checking that out I found a huge pile of poop right off my porch.  Yuck.  I wonder what that was.  It was pretty big too!

At breakfast and lunch we had quite a bit of conversation about cross stitching.  It turns out Judy loves to do it and brought quite a bunch with her on this trip to work on.  I showed everyone how I turn my photos into patterns and then stitch them.

I broke down and drank a Sprite.  I was just so sick of water and I wasn’t really feeling the Pink Lemonade.  Meh.  It wasn’t really worth it.

The afternoon dive had virtually no visibility, but we found great stuff!

I jumped into the house reef for a half an hour by myself.  It is beautiful down there.  I found a huge Gymnodoris aurata.  Woot!  It was hiding in the soft coral but I caught a glimpse of its red color!  Later I showed a picture to Reilly and he called it a "Strawberry Nudi".  I explained to him that these nudis are cannibals and will eat other nudibranchs.  They are beasts!

I torqued my inner right knee a little.  I honestly think it happened because of walking around in uneven flip flops.  

I asked Max if my flip flops could go to the hospital.  He said he had super glue, but it is not really like shoe goo… so we opted for just getting new ones.  The girls are going shopping tomorrow so they said they would buy me a new $7 pair and put it on my bill.  #indostyle.

And so Cheryl and I had a funeral for my old ones and threw them away.  Oh well.

At dinner Romy also showed up in braids.  She calls them "plaits".  I guess the girls did her hair too.  We talked all about Ted Lasso with Judy, Romy and Max.  We are going to try to stream it to the TV at some point.

Here are the Nudis for today:

29 - Nembrotha chamberlaini


30 - Elysia pusilla

Hengky found me this itty bitty tiny green nudi.  I really didn't think he had spotted anything... but after looking like three times I finally saw it!

31 - Nembrotha sp. 2

32 - Dermatobranchus albus


33 - Phyllidia ocellata

34 - Goniobranchus reticulatus



35 - Chelidonura amoena


36 - Miamira sinuata

Look at the schnoz on this thing!!!



37 - Gymnodoris aurita



No comments:

Post a Comment