Monday, November 28, 2022

The nudi so nice they named it twice

I’m seeing this little curly que thing show up in some of my photos.  I wonder if it is a little piece of lint in my lens.

Today’s first dive at Babylon was so fabulous.  It was beautiful, there was absolutely no current and I just felt good in the water.  I hit that neutral buoyancy.  It was just Cheryl, me and Nikko our dive guide diving today.  Nikko found the smallest little Sagiminopteron psychedelicum.  I was impressed.  

The second dive was at Red Sand Beach where bubbles came up through the red sand and it was really fishy.

No headaches this morning.  Hooray!

I laid down for a bit after lunch and then jumped in with Nikko at 2:30 for a house reef dive.  He is a great spotter and has this great light that strobes when he finds something.  He also grunts a lot under water.  Not because he found something or wants to get my attention… he just grunts.  

In between dives I started reading Laurie Notaro’s new book.  I was laughing out loud, crying.  That girl is funny.

Right before the night dive, someone came to the dive site and gave Nikki his phone.  I asked if that was his family… and yes, that was his little girl.  She waved at us from shore.  So cute!

The night dive at Barry's was insane!  That's where we saw the nudi so nice they named it twice.

At dinner, my shiny new flip flops were waiting for me.  They are pretty ugly but they smell great and they fit!

The slug list was pretty good today:

38 - Phyllidiella nigra
Two mating

39 - Sagiminopteron psychedelicum

I was so impressed that Nikko found this one.

40 - Phyllidiopsis sphingis

41 - Flabellina sp. 3


Look closely, there is a parasite on it.

42 - Thuridilla albopustulosa



43 - Ardeadoris angustolutea


Crawling through this coral tunnel.  I sat and watched it for a while.  So pretty.

44 - Goniobranchus fidelis


There was a second one back there.

45 - Chelidonura varians 

I never noticed that they have blue polka dots on their tail.   

Look at the "fur" on their mouth.



46 - Goniobranchus geminus  


We found this under a leather coral.  It was huge and flapping and soooo beautiful.

47 - Thecacera sp. 8


aka: The Pikachu

48 - Favorinus sp. 1


49 - Petalifera ramosa 
Its eyespots are just staring me down.

50 - Melibe engeli

Translucent almost invisible nudi.

51 - Pleurobranchus weberi

52 - Umbraculum umbraculum


Ladies and gentlemen, the slug so nice they named it twice...  It looks like there is a pile of poop on top of it.  And honestly, I didn't know it actually had rhinophore.  This is the first time I have EVER seen it.  

53 - Favorinus mirabilis


54 - Atagema intecta

55 - Tenellia sp. 15


56 - Mexichromis multituberculata

57 - Dendrodoris denisoni
In my head I was thinking that this was a BEAUTIFUL new nudi I have never seen before and then I realized... Doh!  That is the one I am actually cross stitching right now.  OMG.  

58 - Sclerodoris tuberculata

59 - Sclerodoris apiculata




No comments:

Post a Comment