Friday, February 21, 2014

And I'm off...

Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed the flights.  I am not much of a movie go-er and I saw at least six movies on the first flight and snuck in a nap or two.  Then on the second flight I slept hard.

When I got to Bali, it was fairly painless to get through customs and both of my bags showed up.  I even had a driver from Harris waiting for me after baggage claim.  I was in a haze but since the hotel is very close to the airport I kinda zoned out.  But at some point I realized that the ride was taking too long… they had taken me to the wrong Harris Hotel.  Ugh.


Normally it wouldn’t have been so bad but it was like 1am already and I had to get up at like 4am for the next flight to Labuan Bajo on the island of Flores.  I almost had the guy just take me back to the airport.  But I actually did check in and put my head on a pillow for two hours.  Taking a shower was a good idea too.

No comments:

Post a Comment