Wednesday, November 30, 2016

It's Cheryl's Birthday, Eh?

Today is Cheryl’s birthday.  How super cool is it to spend a birthday here?


I captured a little video of her with a manta:

It is very quiet this morning and I am hearing all of the bird and jungle noises.  Some of them are pretty loud!  The Arenui crew wear shirts with the Bird of Paradise on it.  Jose is a birder and told me that the loud birds are in fact not the Birds of Paradise. 

The crew blows my camera dry after every dive.  When I say blow dry, it is bone dry.  Amazing. 

Jose gave a presentation on Biodiversity.   He did a good job, but he has the funny way of ending all of his sentences with “Eh?” in otherwords, “Do you get it”?  I found it a little distracting but charming in an “Eh-Spanish” way.

The night dive was pretty cool.  We saw two ornate ghostpipefish, a walking shark and I found a new nudi.  Not just for this trip but totally new for me! 

But other than that, no new nudis.

We had awesome banana spring rolls for dessert tonight.  We were so full, Cheryl asked to delay the birthday cake until tomorrow for second breakfast dessert.


37 - Hypselodoris reidi

No comments:

Post a Comment