Saturday, December 27, 2014

Eat Sleep Fly

I slept so much on my flight.  I swear, when traveling internationally, all they do is feed you and pump in sleeping gas.  I barely made it through a couple of shows before diving into dreamland. 

Before I knew it, I was in Dubai.  I had plenty of time to hang in the airport – from 7pm to 4am.  It was just fine though.  They had these lounge chairs you could actually sleep on and I had a couple of good books to read.  Besides, I really wasn’t tired.  I had been sleeping sooooo much.  I got a meal voucher and had three sushi rolls.  No, not three rolls of sushi with six pieces each.  Three pieces of a sushi roll.  That’s it.  It tasted fine, but that does not a meal make.  I then found a Starbucks and had a latte.  After strolling around a bit, I did what all Ugly Americans seem to do.  I found the McDonalds and I had a meal.  I don’t go there very often but I always seem to miss good old American fast food after a solid trip abroad.  So maybe if I just have some before I go, it won’t be such a big deal.

I got on the next flight but I was a bit more squirmy on the 3.5 hour flight from Dubai to Male.  I’m not sure why but eventually I did fall asleep right before landing.


No comments:

Post a Comment