Sunday, December 28, 2014

All Males in Male

Schlepping off the plane in Male, the capital of Maldives, it was hot. Really hot.  I love it hot.  I peeled off my layers and made it through immigration and customs pretty quickly.  Then I grabbed a shuttle to Hulhule Island Hotel where I spent the day.  It was pretty reasonable.  I didn’t get a day room, just access to their pool, showers and shuttle back to the airport for a 4pm pickup to the boat.


This was the first airport where we didn’t take a shuttle to the pier.  A little boat picked us up right at arrivals and took us directly to the ship.  Super cool.  What an airport!


The crew is an all male staff.  They decorated the salon for us… not just because it’s a welcome party but because it is a New Years charter.  

I can't wait to dive tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment