Saturday, December 22, 2012

TLC in the T&C


I’m in the Turks and Caicos for Christmas.  I don’t expect to see any nudibranchs here as most of them are found in the Pacific… barely any are in the Caribbean. 

On this first night, the seas are rough and we are experiencing some weather here in Turks and Caicos.  But they promised that if we got out tonight, we’ll be in pretty good shape come tomorrow.

I’m on about 2.5 hours of sleep last night.

Yesterday I did my regular shift at Shedd Aquarium, then went to work at 36 S Wabash for a few hours and then went to our monthly Beefeaters Supper Club at Rosebud Prime.  It was awesome and the waitstaff totally loved having us there.

Then we decided it would be fun to go to Four Farthings for a bit.  It was great and I ran into many people I knew, but before I knew it, I didn’t hit the sack until 12:30pm and I had to wake up at 3am.  What the !?@?@?#?

I took Uber to the airport so I didn’t have to touch any cash and I made my flight no problem.  I did have an overweight bag but as soon as I took out the regulator bag, they didn’t give me any more hassel. 

We are full on the charter this week with many people from all over the world.

The Crew is as follows:

Captain                       Amanda
Engineer/Photo Pro Rob
Chef                            Phil
Video Pro                   Cole
Divemaster                Leigh
Second Captain         James

The Guests are:

Nelson and Luana from Redondo Beach
Robert and Sally from Virginia
Thomas and Marie from Canada
Nancy and Jim from Seattle
Sarah and Matthew
Dara from NYC
Takashi and Yuko from Japan
Jeremy from California
Jim from Salt Lake City
Alan from Maine
Jeff from Canada


Dara is my roommate.  She is from New York and this is her first liveaboard.  She’s very excited and very seasick.  She keeps asking me questions about diving and the boat.  It’s nice to remember why I got exciting about the underwater world in the first place.

I let her take the bottom bunk which is fine with me but half way through the night last night, I totally bonked my head on the ceiling.  Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment