Sunday, March 2, 2014

Twiddle Bugs

We are back in Wainilu and the sunrise was amazing.  I need to figure out how to do the time lapse photography on the Go Pro.  It would be cool to take an image of the sunrise every minute.  I am finally feeling like I’m caught up on all my photos and nudis.  I think Lightroom 4 is helping me move a little faster.

It’s funny.  We are in a beautiful place, but we spend most of our time underwater or in the salon.  We barely spend any time outside.  I need to work on my tan more.  Yesterday I took my Mie Goreng al fresco.  It was nice.  Then I tried to be up top and in the sun as much as possible, but it still doesn’t seem like enough.  I need to spend a day at the pool in Ubud.

I think that searching for nudis is kinda like looking into Bert and Ernie’s Twiddlebug box.  They had a bunch of little bugs and beetles that lived a whole little life in the flower box outside their window. 


I love this snippet in particular:
A secret of Twiddlebug reproduction is revealed in the Sesame song "Let's Lay an Egg". "Snails do it, slugs do it," two gastropods sing. "Even tiny Twiddlebugs do it!" the Twiddlebug family (only without Timmy) chirps. "Let's do it! Let's lay an egg!"

We had a particularly amazing night dive.  It started with Christianne finding the Melibe sp. 4 again and then it just went off from there.  I think I found eight new nudibranchs on this dive.  I also was rudely interrupted by a giant cuttlefish who jumped in front of my lens while taking pictures of marionia because he wanted to use the light to feed.  I got to watch him sticking his tongue out and capturing his prey several times!

I actually hung out in the lounge area at night with some of the other divers in my age range.  It was nice to connect a little.  We talked dive stories and did a few party questions like “Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?”

83 - Chromodorid white with yellow spots and purple ring
This one is not in the book... so this is what Christianne told me to call it.

84 - Noumea romeri

85 - Sclerodoris tuberculata

86 - Aegires villosus

87 - Hypselodoris maculosa

88 - Roboastra gracilis

89 - Gymnodoris aurita

90 - Marionia rubra

91 - Marionia arborescens



92 - Discodoris boholensis

93 - Glossodoris cincta

94 - Aplysia dactylomela  

1 comment:

  1. " I think Lightroom 4 is helping me move a little faster."


    Yay!

    ReplyDelete