Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Stay Curious, My Friends

Today, I leave the boat and fly back to Bali.  Then I’m spending a couple of days in Ubud before flying back to the states.

This is a Dive Trip and not a Vacation, Graham always says while everyone is sitting in the salon working on their pictures (instead of laying out in the sun on the top deck).

Well, the final tally is:
42 dives bringing me up to 1496
118 distinct nudis found by me (the overall boat had about 290!!!)

The trip blog is not complete without a picture of my dive buddies:



I did some soul searching too while I was underwater. I’m not great at meditating but being underwater looking for nudis gives one a lot of time alone. I find the best nudis whenever something catches my eye and I get curious, go in close to check it out.  That thing itself might not be something but there are often other things nearby.  Neutral buoyancy is necessary so that I can hover just above the reef to take the shot. It’s important not to hurt the corals around me.  Finally, some of the best things are under a rock, so if I remember to turn them over, I’ll find more.  Based on all that, I came up with this personal mantra:

Stay curious, neutrally buoyant and remember to turn it over.

Of course, this is incredibly applicable to my every day life as well.


Until next time, Sluggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment