I was still pretty tired in the morning so I slept in until noon-ish and finally headed down to the hotel lobby for lunch around 1pm.
Graham came and joined me. It was so fun to see him again! I need to look up the last time I saw him in person, but it has been a WHILE.
Graham introduced me to David and Dennis from the Houston Underwater Photographers Society. They invited me along for their adventures.
We went to the Museum of Fine Art and Ceramics. It was like $3 to get in and had many paintings and ceramics on display.
This group was celebrating a birthday.
Afterward, we stopped to watch a band playing on plaza. Graham knew the singer's husband who started playing this instrument in the Jakarta streets. Now he is traveling throughout Indonesia playing.
Then we went to a Cafe Batavia and sat around the rest of the afternoon.
We started with a drink and a couple desserts, then stayed so long we decided to have dinner there too.
I got a pink flamingo mocktail. Look how pretty. It tasted good too.
Graham eating the head of the red snapper. I was not as adventurous and got the chicken satay.
I got to know David and Dennis pretty well. They were telling stories about their lives back home. They aren't necessarily nudibranch fanatics, but they appreciate my obsession.
And Dennis has the same camera as me and uses it exclusively to shoot video. What!?!?!? That's pretty amazing. I need to learn from him.
As we walked back to the hotel, we saw that so many people were sitting on the square watching a show. It turns out that it was a mime. Interesting. Everyone had a cold drink in their hand with a straw in the cup but they didn't hold the cup. Instead the cup was in a plastic bag with handles and they held it that way. There were also lots of vendors lining the streets selling everything from sunglasses to stuffed animals.

No comments:
Post a Comment