Tuesday, June 16, 2020

What am I doing in Chicago?

After three months of COVID lockdown in Chicago, I was dying for some bottom time... or at least a summer!  The pool and sundeck in my building is closed as is the beach on Lake Michigan. 

I have been helping Mike Bartick of Crystal Blue Resort to run a couple of series of speakers.  One about Nudibranchers and one about Blackwater Diving.

On Sunday June 7th, I heard Linda Iannello talk about Blackwater Diving.  I didn't think much about it, assuming she was doing it in International locations that I couldn't get to right now.  But it turns out, she was doing it right here in West Palm Beach Florida and that they were having an outstanding May!  Whoa.  I wondered why I wasn't in a car RIGHT NOW driving down to Florida!!!

So I put the "wheels in motion" and that is exactly what I did!  On 6/13 I started driving and by 6/15 I was in the water.  Unfortunately my first Blackwater dive was canceled due to weather.  I have four more possible tries though so I am confident I can make it happen.  My expectations are really low.  If I can just bring home a few images, that would be cool.

I'm also excited about diving Blue Heron Bridge as THAT is where the Nudis are.  :)

I have several of those dives scheduled as well.

I'm staying in a cute Air B&B and diving with Pura Vida Dive Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment