Sunday, June 28, 2020

COVID June at the Blue Heron Bridge

I spent the last two weeks of June in West Palm Beach mostly to do some Blackwater Diving, but I did see a handful of nudibranchs at Blue Heron Bridge and on the reef with Pura Vida Divers.  We wore "gaitors" on the boat to make sure everyone was safe from the disease. 

Here are the nudis I saw:

1 - Cratena cf. peregrina (juvenile) or Cratena minor (juvenile)

Blue Heron Bridge

2 - Doto uva

This was right next to the first nudi but I didn't even notice it until I reviewed the photos!

3 - Dondice occidentalis

Blue Heron Bridge

4 - Doto varaderoensis

On the wreck!  Found it again two days later on the same wreck, same spot!

5 - Cratena cf. peregrina or Cratena minor



Blue Heron Bridge

6 - Coryphellina marcusorum


 I found this one on the reef during a boat dive.  I was all alone and it was sortof a slow dive until I found this!


Unfortunately, I did not see the pelagic nudibranch on the Blackwater Dives.  Almost every night others did.  Grrr...  I guess that means I will have to come back and do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment