Thursday, December 6, 2018

I like 'em hairy

The power went out overnight.  For some reason it woke me up.

So Graham has earned the chicken.  He forgot to grab his wetsuit.  Ha! But he was a trooper.  He still dove in just his little boyshorts.  He cracks me up.  I would have been FREEZING!  I’m not sure I could have done it.

The first dive was superb for nudis!!!  I got 13 new ones.  The second dive I didn’t get any but I did see a Gymnodoris sp. 4 riding on top of a Discodoris cebuensis.  Is it trying to eat it?!?!?  Yup, Dave Beherns confirmed that this is what is going on.  It cannot see its prey, only smell it.  So they just start eating...


And I also saw a juvenile Elysia marginata with a smiley face.  How cute is that?


On the afternoon dive, I finally got a good shot of the hairy shrimp.  This one was big, sitting still and was up on a perch so I was able to finally capture it.  Awesome!

I also saw a couple of sets of Godiva rachelae fighting!  I didn’t get any video but next time I see it I will try.

It rained REALLY hard in the afternoon.  So hard that Amil recommended that I not dive the house reef.  There is a river that empties near the resort and makes things really turbid so you can’t see anything.  I was a little tired and the rain was coming down, so I skipped it an took a nap.  I didn’t wake up until right before dinner.

At dinner there were two new people.  They are the owners of the resort and they are off building a new one even MORE remote.  They are basically living like “The Blue Lagoon” right now.  I told them I had so many questions… like power source and running water and food and how many fights a day they have.  It’s fascinating.

It sounds like David may have his camera working again.  Good for him!

Here are the nudis I saw:

84 - Glossodoris hikuerensis

85 - Phyllodesmium briareum

86 - Tritoniopsis elegans

87 - Mexichromis trilineata

88 - Chromodoris sp. 5

89 - Petalifera ramosa

90 - Phyllodesmium koehleri

91 - Chromodoris strigata

92 - Phyllidiopsis annae

93 - Dermatobranchus sp. 11

94 - Ceratosoma trilobatum

95 - Haminoea cf. cymbalum

96 - Phyllodesmium crypticum

97 - Stylocheilus striatus

98 - Okenia purpurata

99 - Phyllodesmium lizardensis

100 - Tenellia lugubris

No comments:

Post a Comment