Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Baby, I'm Back

The resort has a new boat, it is very nice and we each have a little cabinet under our seat so now if we want to bring a towel it will stay dry.

This coming year will be the last one for Max and Rhome.  She just bought a flat in Paris.  So cool.  They have tickets to go see many Olympic events in the summer of 2024.  Awesome.

I had headaches on the first two dives and skipped lunch to sleep.  I took advil, drank a coke and drank water.  The third dive of the afternoon felt much better, but I still felt a bit of a headache when I came up.  I skipped jumping the house reef so I could get feeling better.

There are two girls here named Lisa.  One from Colorado and one from Vancouver.  The one from Colorado told me this story about a liveaboard in Palau with a hydraulic lift for their skiff and if someone forgot something, they had to have a rubber chicken.  I was very interested and heard her tell the whole story and then I told her that I started that tradition a long time ago.  It is so cool that the tradition is still there.  Long Live Chicken Stu!!!

Before dinner, one of the guides Timo gave a talk about Coral Reefs.  I remember when I used to give talks on the Aggressor Boats.  Technology has come a long way since then!

I worked hard on my nudi count and I got 27 for my first day.  Not bad.  Six were new to me in Alor. 

1. Chelidonura varians

2. Tambja morosa
3. Dermatobranchus kokonas

4. Dermatobranchus albus

5. Hypselodoris whitei
6. Phyllidia ocellata

7. Bulbaeolidia alba

8. Chelidonura amoena


9. Jorunna rubescens



10. Plakobranchus ocellatus


11. Verconia varians

12. Chromodoris annae

13. Pteraeolidia semperi

14. Phyllodesmium longicirrum

15. Goniodoris sp. 6

16. Aegires exeches

17. Aegires sp. 7

18. Hypselodoris infucata

19. Coryphellinia sp.


20. Sakuraeolis nungunoides

21. Sakuraeolis sp. 2


22. Phyllodesmium opalescens


23. Ceratosoma tenue


24. Favorinus mirabilis


25. Thecacera sp. 8


26. Costasiella kuroshimae
27. Lomanotus vermiformis



No comments:

Post a Comment