Saturday, March 19, 2022

Blocked from Blackwater... Saved by Slugs

In March 2022, I went to stay with my friend Kelly near West Palm Beach so I could do some Blackwater Diving.  But to my dismay both operators canceled all the dives that week.  The good news was that I scored parking passes to do three Night Dives at the Blue Heron Bridge.  I also did some regular day diving with Pura Vida Dive Shop.  I looked really hard all week and turned up six Nudibranch Species.

1 - Elysia ornata



2 - Pleurobranchus areolatus


I was so excited to find this by myself on a night dive that I was singing underwater.  I cannot resist posting this additional picture of it slurping away.



3 - Flabellina dushia



4 - Hypselodoris picta


Shout out to my Divemaster Emma who knew I had a thing for slugs and showed me this one in a wreck.

5 - Doto varaderoensis



6 - Flabellina sp.



No comments:

Post a Comment