Saturday, October 24, 2020

Nudis in the North

What a fabulous week on the Red Sea Aggressor II.  Although I'm not really a wreck diving enthusiast, the diving was pretty fun.  And there was enough macro marine life to keep me happy.  

For those into wrecks, we did the following:

• Caropia Wreck

• Tile Wreck

• Gianni D Wreck

• Dunraven Wreck

• Yolanda Wreck

• SS Thistlegorm Wreck

• Ulysses Wreck

• The Barge Wreck

The Barge Wreck was my favorite for macro marine life, but the SS Thistlegorm is ENORMOUS and was carrying SO MUCH CARGO.  Planes, Trucks, ammunition and hundreds of motorcycles.  It is crazy.  Supposedly, there is a really nice Tambja that lives in this wreck, but we never found it.

I did however get to snorkel with bottlenosed dolphins.  One of them was feeling frisky!




Lots of us made it to Iron Diver this week, where we make every single dive:

Several guests for the charter the next week couldn't make it.  Two tested positive for COVID.  Two missed a connection in Istanbul and one fell and hurt his back.  So with a little help from Mandy, the travel agent onboard, I was able to change my flight for a very small charge and I'm staying another week.  So is Mandy and her husband Jason.  So cool!

Here are the nudis I found this week:

1 - Jorunna funebris

2 - Pteraeolidia semperi

3 - Hexabranchus sanguineus

4 - Aldisa zavorensis

5 - Gymnodoris sp. 9

6 - Chromodoris quadricolor

Missing a rhinophoer!

Specific to Red Sea and Tanzania

7 - Gymnodoris inornata

8 - Chromodoris africana

9 - Chromodoris sp. 4

Specific to Red Sea

10 - Chromodoris magnifica

11 - Phyllidiella sp. 2


Specific to Saudi Arabian Red Sea

12 - Platydoris pulchra
I couldn't figure this one out and I had to post it to Nudibase to get an answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment