Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nightlife at the Town Pier

Another five dive day.  Life is good.

First dive was really sunny so I tried taking some upshots into the sun.  Here’s one of my attempts:

40 - Glossodoris cruella

Ambo found this one for me at 80 feet.  It was soooo beautiful.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen this one before.

At night, we dove under the town pier.  I know, sounds crazy but I’ve found it is usually one of the best places to find critters… and the Padre Burgos Town Pier did not disappoint.  We found a ton of crazy critters, including three frogfish and a harlequin shrimp.  Here are a couple new nudis found:

41 - Hexabranchus sanguineus

This is the mac-daddy of all nudibranchs, the Spanish Dancer.  I was fine leaving it alone, but my divemaster wanted to see it dance, so he picked it up and watched the action.  I tried to get a shot or two but they weren’t so good.  Maybe I should have moved to video.

42 - Ceratosoma gracillimum




No comments:

Post a Comment